Mobile login problems: Jump to Account activation via mobile device
The following are some steps that System Admins can take when an user cannot access your emloyee platform:
Check login status and settings
1. Click the Admin Settings link at the bottom of the Main Navigation and then go to User accounts and data > Edit, Invite, Disable users.
2. Enter the user's name in the available field and confirm that the user exists and the name is correctly spelled. If the user's name appears in the Search results, click the "EDIT" link next to it .
3. On the Edit user screen, go to Login and Security to check if their Invite and Account Status is "Activated" and that their Login Status is "Enabled".
NOTE—you can check the invite status for multiple users at Administration settings > Analytics > Download login status and method.
4. If their Invite and Account Status is not showing "Activated", have your user verify if they received the invitation email, including checking their "junk" folder. If the invitation was sent, but the user didn't receive it, contact email@example.com.
5. If their Invite and Account Status shows "Invited but not activated" along with an "invite has expired" message, then you should be able to scroll down and click a Resend Invite button.
For people authenticating with Jostle credentials
Keep in mind that the invitation expires in 14 days. You can always re-invite multiple users via Administration settings > User accounts and data > Invite users.
If the user received the invitation but the password is not working, please ask the user to request a new password.
For people authenticating with SSO
First, make sure the user exists in your SSO system with the same Jostle username and he/she is active in your SSO system.
- Your metadata file in our system may be out of date. You'll need to send us your metadata file again.
- The server time may be off. You'll need to make sure it’s synced with NIST time.
For people authenticating with Google
First, make sure the user exists in your Google domain with the same Jostle username and he/she is active in your Google domain.
If your user has recently updated their Google email, a System Admin will need to send new invitation email to re-enable the user's login:
- Go to Administration settings > User accounts and data > Edit, Invite, Disable users
- Search for the user, then click the blue EDIT link
- Scroll down through their user details (double check that the new email has been entered) and then click 'Save changes & invite now' at the very bottom.
Account activation via mobile device
If a user opens their invite email in their phone and clicks on the "Log in now" link, the login page that opens in their browser may also include a banner link to download the Jostle mobile app.
Even if they download the app at this point, they will still need to complete their login via the browser, so they can set their password and confirm their account (the Jostle app can only be used to access your platform if you are already an activated user).
Once a user has activated their account via the browser login, then they can access the platform via the Jostle mobile app. So the proper workflow should be:
- Open invite email in mobile
- Click the "Log in now" link (login page opens in browser)
- Log in, set up, and confirm your account
- Log out of your account, close browser
- If not already done, download and install the Jostle mobile app
- Open the app and log in