NOTE—System Admins can rebrand Links with a custom name (see "Renaming" below).
In Links, Shared Link Categories is where System Admins can post links to resources or tools that are helpful to the whole org. If your platform had the previous version of Links, then this section will already have a default Category called Org-Wide, which is where you can find your links that were placed under that same heading in the previous version of Links.
To create a new Shared Link Category
- Click Links in the Main Navigation
- On the slide-out panel, click the “+” in the Action Bar and select “Category”
- Enter a name for your Category and then check off “Share this Category”
- For Visible to select "Everyone" if you want to make the Category accessible to everyone in your org. But, if you only want your Category available to a certain group, say just the Support Team or everyone in the Vancouver office, then in Visible to, click the arrow next to "Everyone" and instead select “Custom List”.
- You can now use List Selector to target a group and only they will have access to the links in this Category.
For anyone who doesn’t have access to a Shared Category, it will appear with a lock icon next to it.
Adding links to Shared Link Categories
There are two ways to add new links to a Category:
- From the main Links panel click the “+” and then "Item" to add a new link, and you will have the option to select the Category you want the link to appear in
- Open a Category and then click the “+” to add a new link it and it will automatically be added to that Category.
You can manage links in a Shared Category via their action menu (three dot icon). See image below.
The Custom Views feature enables orgs to take the links of two important or frequently-used sites, resources, or tools and add them directly to the Main Navigation:
To create a Custom View
- Go to Links > Shared Categories
- Open a Category and find the link you want to add to the Main Navigation
- Click the Action Menu icon next to the link and select “Add to Custom Views”
- Click the Save button at the top of the screen.
The Custom View should now appear on the Main Navigation, in the section marked with the link icon
NOTE—To remove a Custom View, follow the steps above but select “Remove From Custom Views” in Step 2
Once created, you can manage your Custom Views by clicking the action menu icon on the main Links panel and selecting "Manage Custom Views".
System Administrators can set the name of this view as follows:
- Click Admin Settings from the Main Navigation and then go to Views and Functions > Manage Views and Options.
- Scroll down to Links.
- Check the box next to "Override view name"
- Enter a new name for the view and the individual items saved there.
- Scroll down and click the blue Save button.
NOTE—if you are running a trail version of Links, the change name functions will be found in Admin Settings > Views and Options > Try Other Views and Options.
Are these individually chosen links? Or do Admins set them up to be used by all users?
Good question Kristen. System Admins set them up for everyone. They are org-wide.
Is there a limit on the personal links to add?
There is no limit on the number of personal links a contributor can add. Of course it gets harder to find links if there are too many but that tends to be a personal choice.
Is there the facility to add a parameter to a Shortcut/External link? e.g. Email Address
I'm not sure I fully understand your question but mailto links work. Formatted like this "mailto: email@example.com".
So will Skype links "skype:JostleBrad" and phone links "tel:+16043334444".
Thanks for the reply Brad. I was wondering if a piece of information from the users Jostle profile e.g. email address can be appended to the URL (querystring) in the Org-Wide links section, for example:
This would then enable to the recipient website to consume this parameter and identify the user for example.
No, but you can create a link that will open a new email on your local email client with their email address in the To field, per my example above.
And you can link in their whole profile. Just grab the URL while you are viewing it.
Thats fine, I was looking to implement a simple 'single sign on' solution to an external web link, but they will have to log in! Thanks for the clarification.
I would like to add an Org link that opens up an email template (can be from outlook). IS this something I can do?
Modern browsers very much restrict such things for well founded security reasons. Glen on our team researched a possible way to configure this, which may or may not meet your needs. I will send to you directly.
Is there an option to just show the TEXT of the link (with the http address embedded in the text) rather than show the full http address underneath the link name? I think this would be a lot less busy and also allow more links to show together on a page.
Very helpful observation Richard. I'll share this with the experience designer crafting this.
Is there a way to re-order the LINK categories after they are created? They appear to be listed in the order of creation. I would like the CATEGORIES to sort alphabetically.
BTW, I really am happy we have the option to add CATEGORIES now!!!! Thanks for making that happen.
They should be in the order you previously had them. If that is not the case, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can investigate further.
We are working to add in an ability to order links. This is in active development and something like two months out.
In the mean time, if you have a high-stake need to change the order they appear, please email us at email@example.com and let us know exactly the order you want.
Thanks. I will be on the lookout for the "order" update. Hopefully we will be able to specify the order of the both the categories and the links.
Would you ever consider adding one more organization wide link? Even three would be helpful!
If you're referring to the "Quick Links" that you can add to your Main Navigation, and you'd like to request another slot be added, you can do so in our Feature Request forum. Every suggestion or request posted for a new feature can be voted on by other customers, and those with the most support stand the best chance of making it into a future release.
Just follow the link below, click on the "Links view" heading, and add your request.
Is there a way to add individual links outside of a category? I'd like to open our Links and see our top 10 links visible, with the rest of the links then in categories.
Currently, it is not possible to add individual, active links to the Category-level screen. However, if you want to suggest such a feature be added, you can do so in our Feature Request forum (Under "Links and Custom Views").
Other users can upvote your request, and those with the most support stand the best chance at becoming a new feature in the platform.