NOTE—System Admins can rebrand Links with a custom name (see "Renaming" below).
In Links, Shared Categories is where System Admins can post links to resources or tools that are helpful to the whole org. If your intranet had the previous version of Links, then this section will already have a default Category called Org-Wide, which is where you can find your links that were placed under that same heading in the previous version of Links.
To create a new Shared Category
- Click Links in the Main Navigation
- On the slide-out panel, click the “+” in the Action Bar and select “Category”
- Enter a name for your Category and then check off “Share this Category”
- For Visible to select "Everyone" if you want to make the Category accessible to everyone in your org. But, if you only want your Category available to a certain group, say just the Support Team or everyone in the Vancouver office, then in Visible to, click the arrow next to "Everyone" and instead select “Custom List”.
- You can now use List Selector to target a group and only they will have access to the links in this Category.
For anyone who doesn’t have access to a Shared Category, it will appear with a lock icon next to it.
Adding links to Shared Categories
There are two ways to add new links to a Category:
- From the main Links panel click the “+” to add a new link and you will have the option to select the Category you want the link to appear in
- Open a Category and click the “+” to add a new link it and it will automatically be added to that Category.
You can manage links in a Shared Category via their Action Menu (three dot icon). See image below.
The Quick Links feature enables orgs to take the links of two important or frequently-used sites, resources, or tools and add them directly to the Main Navigation:
To create a Quick Link
- Go to Links > Shared Categories
- Open a Category and find the link you want to add to the Main Navigation
- Click the Action Menu icon next to the link and select “Add to Quick Links”
- Click the Save button at the top of the screen.
The Quick Link should now appear on the Main Navigation, in the section marked with the link icon
NOTE—To remove a Quick Link, follow the steps above but select “Remove From Quick Links” in Step 2
Once created, you can manage your Quick Links by clicking the Action menu icon on the main Links panel and selecting Manage Quick Links.
System Administrators can set the name of this view as follows:
- Click Admin Settings from the Main Navigation and then go to Platform > Enabled/Disabled Features.
- Scroll down to LINKS.
- Check the box next to "Override view name"
- Enter the singular and plural versions on your desired name and then
- Scroll down and click the blue Save button.