Jostle supports the latest two versions of all major browsers*, including:
- Safari (Mac)
- Microsoft Edge
- Full support doesn’t extend to these browsers on mobile. If using an iPhone, iPad or Android device to access the Jostle platform, we recommend doing so via our mobile app instead.
- The Jostle application has also been verified to be fully supported by the latest version of Windows (Windows 11).
The first time you access your intranet you will be given the option to choose whether to receive Jostle Notifications on your browser settings. This feature is available on Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Browser notifications appear in the corner of your screen and look as shown below (appearance may vary by browser):
If you later find you want to change your initial setting, here's how:
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu.
- Then click on Settings.
- Scroll down to the "Privacy & Security" section and click on Site settings.
- Scroll down to "Permissions" and click on Notifications.
- Scroll down to Customized behaviours > Allowed to send notifications
- Locate the “jostle.us” item and to its right, click on the "More actions" icon and select Remove.
- Access Jostle again and select your new preference when the Browser notification dialog appears.
- Open your Jostle intranet.
- In the address bar, click the i-icon to bring up the Control Center.
- Click the arrow in the prompt.
- Click "More information" to bring up the Page Info window.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Under Send Notifications, choose your option (if all choices are greyed out, remove the checkmark next to "Use default").
- In the Safari app, go to Safari > Preferences.
- Then go to Websites > Notifications
- Navigate to “jostle.us”
- Select your option to allow or deny Jostle notifications
We push notifications to your browser and to your phone's notification center. The alert is up to the Browser and the Phone you are using. Browsers may require an add-on installation.
*As Microsoft 365 ended their support for Internet Explorer 11 on August 17, 2021, Jostle has phased out support for the browser as well. While IE11 can still be used to access the Jostle platform, we can't make any guarantees that the platform will work as expected. We highly recommend using one of the other browser options listed above.