Jostle's Microsoft Teams integration adds a Connect to Microsoft Teams button to all users' My Preferences screen. When enabled, this button allows users to get any of their Jostle notifications forwarded to their MS Teams Chat—always ensuring that they're kept up to speed with all the happenings in your organization.
To complete this setup, you (or whoever is doing the setup), must be the following:
- an Admin for your organization's MS Teams
- a System Admin for your organization's Jostle platform
Pre-setup (required permissions)
1. In Azure Portal > Enterprise application > Consent and permissions, set User consent for applications to be either:
a) Allow user consent for apps
b) Allow user consent for apps from verified publishers, for selected permissions (Recommended)
2. If b) is selected, then set the following 3 permissions as "low impact":
- OpenId permissions (offline_access)
- Chat Message (chatMessage.Send)
- User (User.Read)
Microsoft Teams Admin Center
1. Go to Microsoft Teams Admin Center > Manage apps and click on the Org-wide app settings button (top right corner)
2. Set Allow third party apps to On
3. Back on the main Manage apps screen, set the Jostle Notifications app to Allowed
Setting up MS Teams integration
1. In your Jostle platform, go to Admin Settings > Views and Functions > Manage Views and Options
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the listed options and under Microsoft Teams integration, switch the toggle to "Enabled" (NOTE—if the Microsoft Teams integration option is not appearing for you, please contact email@example.com or your Customer Success Manager to have it turned on for your platform).
3. This will pop open a Microsoft permission screen. Click Accept.
4. Once the MS window closes, click Save at the bottom of the Manage Views and Options page to apply the changes.
NOTE—this does not set up MS Teams integration for your entire org. Each user should now see the Connect to Microsoft Teams option enabled in their My Preferences and they each need to complete this setup via their My Preferences if they wish to have their Jostle notifications appear in their MS Teams Chat.