Note—This view and its items can be given customized names by System Administrators, so it may not appear as "Classifieds" (or "Listings") in your intranet's Main Navigation. To learn more, see this article.
Classifieds/Listings Managers can create custom-made categories to better suit any customization made to this view and/or broaden the type of ads and listings that are posted in this view.
For example, with customization this view and categories can be used to:
- Expand on the traditional buy-and-sell ads by adding “Free Item” and “For Trade” options.
- Broaden the view to include workplace listings, like shift swap requests or internal job postings.
- Create an industry-related resource: "New Listings" (Real Estate Agencies), "Discount Packages & Promotions" (Travel Agencies), etc.
To add a new category
1. Click the gear icon in the top right corner of Classifieds and select Manage Categories.
2. Here you can rename the default categories (For Sale and Wanted) or click the Add a new category link.
3. Name your category and click on the color box to the left of the text field to customize the color of your category label
4. To delete a category, click the trash can to its far right (NOTE—the top category can never be deleted).
5. When finished, click Save at the top of the list. When creating a listing, your new category can be selected via the Category menu under Options.