Currently, there isn’t a sync option to import your organization structure from Google to Jostle.
However, you can achieve the desired result by downloading your users info from Google to a CSV file and then mapping that data to create a team import in Jostle, as follows:
1. In your Google Admin console, go to Users > Download users
2. On the Download user info screen, select the “All user info…” and “Comma-separated values” options and then click DOWNLOAD.
NOTE—the required fields for the Jostle CSV are username and supervisor username. Two additional fields can also be used when importing a reports-to structure into a Chart: role name and team name.
3. From the download, keep the following Google fields for the required and optional Jostle fields:
- Email Address (username)*
- Manager Email (supervisor username)*
- Employee Title (role name)
- Department (can be used as a team name)
In this example we’re using Email Address, Manager Email and Employee Title:
4. In your Jostle intranet, go to Administration Settings > Views and Functions > Import Chart into Teams and use Choose File to select your CSV file. You may be prompted to map the fields. If so, use this guide:
- User Name = Email Address [Required]
- Supervisor User Name = Manager Email
- Role Name = Employee Title
When you're done mapping, click the Import button. If everything has been entered correctly, the resulting Chart should look like this:
Tip: Since running an import structure overwrites all existing information in the Chart we recommend importing the team in a new/test chart then when you’re happy with the results you can import the team in the right chart.