Table of contents
Tasks is an integrated feature of the Jostle platform that enables users to assign, track, and collaborate on work-related tasks. Tasks is also an effective way to manage personal reminders.
System Administrators can disable Tasks at any time in Administration settings > Views and functions > Enable views and features.
(For customers interested in adding Tasks to their current subscription, please contact your Customer Success Manager for more information)
Creating a task
1. Click on Tasks at the top of the Main Navigation and it will slide out a third of the way over your intranet screen. (NOTE—Tasks acts as an overlay, not a separate view, so you can still navigate through your intranet while it is open)
2. At the top of Tasks, click the "+" in the Action Bar to open a new form (the option to create a task can also be found on the action menus for Library items and Discussion comments).
3. Fill out the form with your task details: Name and Assigned to are required, Due date and Description are optional (see below for how to assign more than one person).
4. When you're ready to send your task, click Save at the top of the screen. The task will then automatically be sent to everyone included on the task.
NOTE—To close Tasks at any time, click on the arrow tab that appears on the top right side of the panel.
Assigning a task
By default, your name will appear in the "Assigned to" field on the task form. To remove yourself (or anyone else) from a task you've created, click Edit at the top of the screen and then the "x" across from the corresponding name.
To assign more than one person to the task, click the Collaborators bar on the Task Details screen and on the Edit Collaborators screen begin typing their name in provided field.
You can also remove everyone you've added via Clear (at the bottom of the Edit Collaborators screen). When you're done adding/removing individuals (or groups) click Save to return to the main form:
Managing a task
When you open Tasks, your active and completed tasks will appear on the list, with the most recently created or edited tasks at the top.
Click on a task to view the Task Details. In the Timeline you can review any comments left by others as well as see any actions that have been taken on the task.
Actions you can take directly on the main Task Details screen include:
- Mark the task as Completed
- Add a comment or attachment or @mention someone in the Timeline
- Access the Edit screen (via "Edit" in the Action Bar)
- Return to the list (via the "<" in the Action Bar)
Actions available via the Edit link:
- Add or remove people from the task (via "Edit Collaborators")
- Change or remove the Due date
- Update the Description
To exit from the Edit screen either click Save or "<" in the Action Bar.
Actions from the Task Details action menu ("three dots" icon in the right corner):
- Mute notification for the task ("red dot" due date notifications)
- Duplicate the task (to one or more people)
- Copy Link to the task's location
- Delete the task
TIP: If a task has been finished but you don't want to delete it, you can check off the box next to Completed, and it will appear crossed out on your list:
You can filter your Tasks list to only show specific tasks via the filter icon at the top of the list. The available display options include:
- Assigned to me
- Assigned to others
- Created by me
- Not Completed