A quick introduction to Teams
Teams is where all the roles and relationships in your organization are defined. Teams uses an org-chart paradigm that captures all kinds of workplace structures including matrix reporting, self-managed teams, and communities of practice.
The Teams interface consists of the Left navigation, Action Bar, and the Chart View. When you click on a Chart's name in the Left navigation, it populates into the Chart view:
- Left navigation is where you’ll find all of your Charts. Click on a Category header to see all the Charts it contains.
- Action Bar is where you access your action commands and view selectors.
- The Chart View button lets you choose to view the Chart lists in terms of the people’s names, their roles, or their Team names
- Edit Chart allows you to make changes to the selected Chart. You will only see this if you have edit rights to this Chart.
- Email Org Units will let you select from a list of your Org Units for emailing. It also provides access to the associated email addresses, which you can use in other applications.
- View selector allows you to toggle between Team view and Extended view.
- Main Organization is the first default Category. It is normally used to clarify the main reports-to structure of your organization.
- Working Groups is the second default Category. It typically holds cross-departmental teams, project-based teams, etc.
- Committees & Clubs is the third default Category. It can be used for social teams, etc. You can repurpose any of the Categories, as you see fit.
- Any card that is clicked on gets highlighted and moves to becoms the centric card in the view. Only one card can be in focus at a time. If you click on a card that is not in the centric position, it will move there.
- This is the Role of the individual on the card.
- This solid-line shows a primary relationship between these two Roles.
- This dotted-line shows a secondary relationship between these two Roles.
- This header contains the Team name of the focused card’s Team.
- Popover Menu appears when you click on the grey Team Name header. From here you can view a Team's Profile or contact/interact with them.
* Org Categories is where System Admins will see an Edit link that will enable them to create additional Categories.