To download the Jostle iPad app:
Use this link: Jostle for iPad
- Go to the App Store
- Search for "Jostle"
- On the app listing, tap GET
- Follow the onscreen prompts to install
As is the case with the mobile app, not all platform features are supported on the iPad version.
However, the iPad app does includes two features not available in the mobile app: Teams and the complete table structure in Library.
Here's a list of the features that are currently not available on the iPad app:
- Administration Settings
- Article/Web Article creation
- Events creation
- Listings/Classifieds creation
- Teams Chart editing
- User Profile editing (except for photos)
- Team Profile editing
- Activity export
- Discussions export
Some of the features above are already slated for future versions of the iPad app, and as they roll out this list will be adjusted accordingly.
If you just wish to just use your iPad browser to access Jostle, you can create a shortcut in iPad in the form of an app icon, that can be dragged and placed anywhere, including app folders, just like a normal app icon.
To create a Jostle shortcut icon in iPad
- Launch Safari
- Enter into the address field the URL you usually use to access Jostle (for example: platform.jostle.us/jostle-prod)
- Enter your login credentials and then tap "Go."
- Once you are in your Jostle, tap the Share button (rectangle with an arrow pointing upward) along the top of the Safari window (be sure to do this AFTER you have logged in).
- On the Share Menu, go to the second row of options and tap "Add to Home Screen" to create your shortcut icon (for a tidier look, rename the shortcut to just “Jostle” before tapping the Add button).
NOTE—Make sure you are using the Safari browser. The "Add to Home Screen" feature will not be available in other browsers.
Limitation with creating and editing articles
The Editor is currently not supported on the iPad (browser or app). You will be prompted with a pop up message when trying to edit or create any type of News item (News, Web, & Custom Articles, Polls, Albums). Please use the desktop version of Jostle for creating and editing News items (or the mobile app for Web Articles).