NOTE—An in-platform emoji selector is available in Discussions and Tasks. The below methods still remain applicable for those and the other mentioned areas.
Sometimes you want to personalize your comments using emojis. In Jostle, you can add emojis in the Activity feed, Discussions, Tasks and for Events or News Items, including the title, body and comments.
- When added to a comment with text, the emoji size will be uniform with the text.
- When added to a comment without text, the emoji size will be much larger:
How does it work on Desktop?
OS X users: Pressing the following keys: control+command+spacebar. For more information click here.
Windows users: Click or tap the touch keyboard (if you don't see the touch keyboard icon, right click on the task bar to enable it).
NOTE - Depending on the OS, some browsers don’t support emojis. Emojis shape and color can change depend on the device you are using.
Google Chrome users can also download a free extension that enables you to copy/paste emojis in your browser: Emoji Keyboard - Emojis For Chrome
How to enable emojis on your phone
To start using emojis on your phone, you need to turn on 'Emojis' in your phone's Settings:
- Open your Settings menu.
- Tap on "Language and Input."
- Go to "Android Keyboard" or "Google Keyboard."
- Go to "Advanced"
- Activate "Emojis for physical Keyboard".
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard.
- Tap Keyboards.
- Tap Add New Keyboard.
- Tap Emoji.
After you have turned it on, emojis will be added to your phone's keyboard and you can start using them right away.