Sometimes it can be a useful and time-saving measure to be able to draft a News item to be published under someone else's name. For example, maybe you need to help your CEO announce a new initiative. Here's a two-step process for News Editors to do just that:
1. Create a Draft News Article
- Have your System Administrator make the person whose name the article will be published under (the CEO in this example) a News Reporter.
- Then direct this person to News > Add New > Article to fill in the Title and Body text on a New Article form (these could both be just the word "draft").
- Then have this person click Save Draft.
TIP: It's a good idea to suggest creating several of these for future use.
2. Edit and publish the Draft
Now, at any time you or any other News Editor can open one of these Drafts to edit and then publish under the originator's (again, the CEO in this example) name, as follows:
- Go News > Manage > Draft
- Find one of the Draft Items from above and click on it.
- Click on the blue Edit link
- Complete the Item, as you wish.
- Click on Publish Changes.
- You will then get the option to publish the Item as yourself, or as the Draft originator. Select the Draft originator.