As a first step to getting your data into Jostle you might want to export it from AD.
Here is what you need to know:
- It's a one-way export. Jostle never modifies data in AD, although you can export a CSV from Jostle and import it into AD manually if you ever need to.
- The import only creates new users in Jostle, or updates existing ones - it never deletes people.
- Any fields with blank values or missing columns are simply ignored, so you can decide which fields you push to Jostle without deleting existing data in Jostle.
The process requires two steps, both of which can be scheduled:
1. Export the data from AD to a CSV file
2. Upload that CSV into Jostle
Step 1: you can do this with CSVDE or any other tool you want like VBScript, powershell, SSIS - anything that can create a CSV from AD. CSVDE is included with AD, so you can run something like this from the command line on your AD server:
csvde -d "cn=Users,dc=saml,dc=jostle,dc=com" -r "(objectClass=person)" -f contributors.csv -l "dn,cn,givenName,sn,title,mail,mobile,telephoneNumber,department" -s localhost
The -r filter and the -d (distinguished name) are likely to be different based on your settings. If you want to have this happen automatically put it in a batch file and schedule it to run once a day (or whenever).
Step 2. Once Step 1 has succeeded, you can import the resulting CSV file into Jostle by following the instructions here.
Later if you'd like you can automate your import via SFTP.