"User data" refers to everything associated to a user's Profile, including attachments. It does not include any content a user has placed in any of the various views, including News Articles, uploaded items, posts, comments or likes.
When a user is deleted by an organization from their Jostle instance, all of their user data is removed from the database immediately with the exception of their name and avatar image. With these features, you have two removal options:
- retain the users's name indefinitely and their avatar image for 6 months, or
- immediately replace their name with their initials and remove their avatar image
For details on how to delete a user, see this article.
If you want to stop using Jostle entirely and delete all of your company's data, you should contact Jostle at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will need confirmation from the individual identified as the account owner for your Jostle instance before taking any action. Please note the following before you do:
- If you are in the middle of a subscription term, we will maintain your instance as active until the end of the subscription tern unless you specifically request otherwise. No refunds will be provided for any mid-term cancellations.
- At the end of your subscription term, or upon your written request, we will disable access for all users to your Jostle instance.
- We may retain your data for up to 30 days after the end of your subscription term so that you can elect to resume your Jostle subscription.
- Within 30 days of the end of your subscription term, we will permanently delete all of your data from the production database and file storage system.
- Your data will remain within our backup systems for up to 60 days, after which time none of your data will remain in Jostle systems.
- This is a permanent action and there is no way for an organization to restore their account.