Follow

Shortcut links

External links for resources can be an important part of your Jostle experience. The Shortcut Links feature enables you to add shortcuts for your organization's two most important links, right on the main navigation for quick and easy access. 

To create a shortcut link

1. Select LINKS/MORE from the Main Navigation.

MoreAdmspl.png

2. Click on the Edit Links button.

3. In the Shortcut links section type in a label for your link, the link's URL, and a representative initial for your link.

4. Click Save at the top or bottom of the page.

The shortcut links will now appear in the top left corner of the Main Navigation.

shortcutsar.png

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request

9 Comments

Kristen Lisanti

Are these individually chosen links? Or do Admins set them up to be used by all users? 

Brad Palmer

Good question Kristen. System Admins set them up for everyone. They are org-wide.

Brad

Roxanne Sesker

Is there a limit on the personal links to add?

Brad Palmer

There is no limit on the number of personal links a contributor can add. Of course it gets harder to find links if there are too many but that tends to be a personal choice.

bruce

Mark Donnachie

Is there the facility to add a parameter to a Shortcut/External link? e.g. Email Address

www.example.com?email=example@example.com

Brad Palmer

I'm not sure I fully understand your question but mailto links work. Formatted like this "mailto: brad@jostle.me".

So will Skype links "skype:JostleBrad" and phone links "tel:+16043334444".

Brad

Mark Donnachie

Thanks for the reply Brad. I was wondering if a piece of information from the users Jostle profile e.g. email address can be appended to the URL (querystring) in the Org-Wide links section, for example:

www.mywebsite.com?jostleemail=mark@donnachie.com

This would then enable to the recipient website to consume this parameter and identify the user for example.

Brad Palmer

No, but you can create a link that will open a new email on your local email client with their email address in the To field, per my example above.

And you can link in their whole profile. Just grab the URL while you are viewing it.

Brad

Mark Donnachie

Thats fine, I was looking to implement a simple 'single sign on' solution to an external web link, but they will have to log in! Thanks for the clarification.

Please sign in to leave a comment.