Links* is your organization's links repository. There you'll find two sections for organizing links:
- Shared Categories (which contain org links set by a System Administrator)
- My Categories (which is where users can store their own personal links).
If your intranet had the previous version of Links, then your My Categories will already have a default Category called Personal, which is where you can find your links that were placed under "Personal Links" in the previous version.
To add a new Category
- Click Links in the Main Navigation
- On the slide-out panel, click the “+” in the Action Bar and select “Category”
- Enter a name for your Category and then click the Save button at the top of the screen.
NOTE—if you are a System Admin, you will also have the option to make a Shared Category (for links that are to be shared with part or all of your org). When making a Category for your own links, leave this unchecked.
To add a new link
- Select Links from the Main Navigation
- On the slide-out panel, click the “+” in the Action Bar and select “Link”
- Enter the name and URL of the website or resource you want to save in the fields provided. If you have more than one Category, you'll be able select which one you want it to appear in. If you only have one Category, it will automatically selected.
- Once you're done, click the Save button at the top of the screen.
NOTE—the option to embed a link (so it opens directly within your intranet) will be greyed out at first, but may be added via the Edit screen (see below). Content and websites can only be embedded provided the URL starts with "https" and the site permits iframe embedding. For more on embedding go here).
Managing your links
Go to Links > My Categories and select one to view.
Click the Action Menu icon (three dots) across from the Category name to:
- Edit (rename it)
- Delete (remove it from My Categories. WARNING—this will remove all links in the Category as well, so it is recommended that it only be used to remove Categories that are no longer being used/empty)
Click the Action menu icon next to any link in a Category to do the following:
- Edit (rename it, embed it*, or update the URL)
- Move (place it in a different Category)
- Select (if you want to take an action on multiple items)
- Delete (remove it from the list, can be used with Select to remove many at once)
TIP: You can also add a link directly to the Category you’re viewing by clicking the “+” in the Action Bar.
*System Administrators can set the name of this view so it may not appear in your intranet's Main Navigation as "Links".