The following settings are required for Jostle to integrate with G Suite (formerly Google Apps). If your IT policies preclude these settings, Jostle also offers a non-Google-integrated version. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
If your organization would like to use a G Suite-integrated Jostle instance, you can sign up via the G Suite Marketplace. There are a few settings you'll need to configure in your Administrator's panel for G Suite via https://admin.google.com.
- Enable the G Suite API: Security > API reference > Enable API access.
- Verify that your account has the right access level to install Jostle: Users > Your name > Admin Roles and Privileges (possibly hidden near the bottom)
- Verify that you are either a User Management Admin or a Super Admin as well as a Group Admin
- Create a user account as ‘email@example.com’—don’t worry about setting a password, we will access this user via the API
After installing Jostle to your G Suite account
You may wish to verify that Jostle was installed correctly. Here are the additional G Suite settings that become visible after installing Jostle for G Suite.
- Verify that Jostle can access data in your domain: Marketplace Apps > Jostle intranet > Data access
- Make sure Data access says ‘Granted’. If not, click there to authorize access
- Below the Jostle logo on the left side, make sure it says ‘ON for everyone.’ If it says ‘OFF’, Jostle will not function correctly, so switch this to ‘ON’
G Suite Status
The Jostle application needs to be enabled for everyone (status = ‘ON for everyone’ in the admin console) in your organization in order for anyone to access Jostle for setup and configuration. As an administrator during setup, you do not need to worry about everyone having access as Contributors can not log in to Jostle without being invited by you from within Jostle. After you finish the setup you will need to activate and invite them. You can refer to this article for more details on activating users.
When Jostle is turned off in the G Suite Console any Contributor (including administrators) will be deactivated and will need to be re-invited before they can access Jostle. In such a case, administrators may be locked out of Jostle and require assistance from support to re-enable their access.