It's always recommended that you provide a real email address for each user to ensure optimal functionality with their account. However, we understand that there will be situations where this is not possible. Here's how to get those users Jostling:
This method works either via the Contributors CSV import, or by manually creating Contributors in Administration settings > Contributor configuration.
- For Username enter a person’s Jostle login name (something like First.LastName@noemail.yourcompany.com works well)
- For WorkEmail enter firstname.lastname@example.org (or similar) for all of these users.
- Create the 'email@example.com' email account and put an automatic reply on it so when people inadvertently email to it they know what is going on.
- Activate these users in Jostle.
- Upon activation, you receive each user's password info to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ask each user to:
- Log on via their temporary password that you provide.
- Set their real password (we automatically request this).
To ensure that each user can receive Jostle notifications to their personal email address, ask them to:
- Access their Profile by clicking the avatar image at the bottom of the Main Navigation.
- Enter their personal email address in the personal email field.
- Set the personal email to “Preferred” and visible to “Everyone” so that they can receive emails from Jostle from that point forward (notifications, Email Team, etc.).
NOTE—if you enable the Google sync feature, this may change the data in email fields.