Jostle allows you to create a CNAME redirect to our application. This allows you to create a custom URL to give out to your users.
If you would like to have this set up, please follow these steps
1. Set up a CNAME redirect from your.new.domain to yoursubdomain.jostle.us
2. Send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- your new domain
- confirmation that you have set up a CNAME redirect on your end
Please allow up to three weeks for this to be implemented. Our support team will be in contact with you once a date has been confirmed for the change to be in effect.
Limitations to this approach
- CNAMES don't redirect HTTPS. This simply means your users will enter http://your.new.domain into their browser's address bar instead of https://your.new.domain. Once the request reaches our servers we redirect it to a secure HTTPS connection.
- Once your users log into Jostle the address reflected in the browser address bar will be our standard platform URL.
Jostle can create a sub-domain that will appear in your browser’s address bar after logging in. It will be in the format of https://yoursubdomain.jostle.us. If you have setup a CNAME then the sub-domain will need to be different from that.
It can be done the same day as the request. Please let firstname.lastname@example.org know if you’d like to create a sub-domain and what you’d like it to be, remember it needs to end in jostle.us.
- For new customers, a sub-domain will be automatically created for you upon your instance creation, but if you’d like to change it, please let us know.
- For existing customers, if you’d like to add a sub-domain, please email email@example.com and let them know what you’d want it to be.
This will break any existing internal links within’ your Jostle instance. We will be able to update the majority of the internal links to include the new sub-domain, but any internal links sent externally will need to be resent (ie. Invitation emails).
Also, if you do change your sub-domain at any time, then any users with the Jostle mobile app will need to uninstall/reinstall it as follows:
- iOS: uninstall/reinstall the Jostle app (YouTube)
- Android: Clear the app data/storage and cache, then uninstall/reinstall the Jostle app (YouTube)
If you have any further questions, please contact your Customer Success Manager or Support.