Jostle allows you to create a CNAME redirect to our application. This allows you to create a custom URL to give out to your users.
If you would like to have this set up, please follow these steps
1. Set up a CNAME redirect from your.new.domain to <region>.jostle.us
<region> is determined by the URL you use to access Jostle already - platform.jostle.us, eu.jostle.us, ca.jostle.us, etc.
2. Ensure that your domain includes a subdomain (eg. my.domain.com)
3. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- your new domain
- confirmation that you have set up a CNAME redirect on your end
Please allow up to two weeks for this to be implemented. Our support team will be in contact with you once a date has been confirmed for the change to be in effect.
Limitations to this approach
- CNAMES don't redirect HTTPS. This simply means your users will enter http://your.new.domain into their browser's address bar instead of https://your.new.domain. Once the request reaches our servers we redirect it to a secure HTTPS connection.
- Once your users log into Jostle the address reflected in the browser address bar will be our standard platform URL.