Jostle uses CSV (Comma-separated Values) files for transferring data into and out of Jostle. All data is managed through CSV files, with the exception of user photos, which are uploaded via a zip file. You can access the various data import and export functions through the Administration settings.
Getting data into Jostle
These articles describe the methods used to import data into Jostle:
- Importing users (upload a .csv file containing the data of all the people in your organization that you would like to include in your intranet)
- Importing org-structures (use a Reports-to template to import your initial organizational chart structure)
- Uploading/downloading user photos (bulk upload all the Profile photos of your users via a user-created .zip file OR download all your current user photo in one .zip file)
Getting data out of Jostle
If you need to export all of your user data (to either save a back up copy, or to change some values and re-import them), do as follows:
- Click the Admin Settings link at the bottom of the Main Navigation.
- Then go to User data to/from other systems > Extract/manage all user data (CSV)
- Click on the blue Extract & manage user data button to download your user data.
NOTE—to download only your users' Profile photos, see the "Uploading/downloading user photos" article, linked above.