Links (which can be custom-named by System Admins) is your platform's links repository. It consists of two sections:
Shared Categories – are where you can find the links used by your organization. System Admins can separate these into Custom categories based on Teams, Locations, or other factors or can make them Org-wide links – available to everyone in your org. The list of Categories is viewable to everyone but only access to those who have permission.
My Categories – Is where you can add and store your Personal links. You can also create your own Categories to help you separate and manage long lists. These links are only viewable and accessible by you.
In addition to being saved, some of these links can also be embedded so that they open in full display within your platform. However, not all content and websites can be embedded. See Restrictions
To embed a link
- Click Links in the Main Navigation
- On the slide-out panel, open a Category and find a link that you want to embed.
- Click on the Action Menu icon next to the link and select "Edit"
- On the Edit screen, check the box across from Embed
- Click Save at the top of the screen.
Now when you click on that link, it should open it the full view window of your platform.
NOTE—if a link cannot be embedded, the Embed option will be greyed-out with an error message stating why.
TIP: Forms (i.e. Google Forms, etc) can also be embedded in Links. For an example, go here.
Content and websites can only be embedded provided:
- the URL starts with "https"
- the site permits iframe editing
When a URL is inspected on our end, it will be not be embeddable if it specifies an X-FRAME-OPTIONS header with value "DENY" or "SAMEORIGIN"
If a URL is embeddable, but the content doesn't appear the way it should, it may be because of the limitations on what we allow (shown below):
embeddedFrame.getElement().setPropertyString("sandbox", "allow-forms allow-popups allow-pointer-lock allow-scripts allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox");
embeddedFrame.getElement().setPropertyString("sandbox", "allow-forms allow-popups allow-pointer-lock allow-scripts");
Embedding an HTML page
Links also supports the embedding of HTML code for orgs that wish to add a custom page to their platform that can then be accessed from their Main Navigation.
- This feature can only be accessed by System Administrators
- This feature is only for already-created HTML pages, not for creating new HTML pages
1. To begin, select "Item" from the Links "+" menu.
2. Next, open the menu next to New Link and select "New HTML page"
3. On the New HTML page read the guidelines provided, then enter your HTML into the "Code" area.
4. Complete the rest of the settings on the page, and once you're done, click the Save button at the top of the screen.