Jostle supports previewing for many different file types, and can store any file format. Preview-friendly items added to News, Discussions, and Library Volumes will be accessible in a web-ready format so you can view them on the fly, making sharing easier than ever before. Should you be looking for support on a particular file type that has not been listed below, let us know, all feedback helps: support@Jostle.me
- Images and Vectors: .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tif, .tiff, .eps, .ai, .psd, .cr, .cr2, .nef, .gif*
- Video: .3gp, .aac, .avi, .mp4, .mpeg-2, .m4v, .ogv, .webm, .wmv, plus others
- Audio: .aac, .aif, mp3, .m4a, .ogg, .wav, .wma
- Documents: .pdf, .docx, .doc, .docm, .dot, .dotm, .dotx, .odt, .txt, .xlsx, .xls, .ods, .xlsb, .xlsm, .pptx, .ppt, .odp, .pot, .potm, .potx, .pps, .ppsm, .ppsx
Library can also host your weblinks and zip (compressed files).
*in areas where animated GIFs cannot be displayed, a static image will be displayed instead.
- Images are converted to JPG format unless they are less than 1600 pixels wide and less than 400kB in size.
- There is a limitation in IE 11 (which is no longer actively supported by Jostle) that restricts video uploading to files 105MB or less.
Cannot be previewed
- Excel files that include Sheet Protection include an extra degree of complexity for the file viewer and cannot at this point be presented in the viewer, but they may still be downloaded and used as intended.
- PPTX Files that include embedded content, but they may still be downloaded and used as intended.
Placeholder images are used in place for files which we cannot generate a thumbnail.
- For Excel files, thumbnails may not be generated with the file viewer. This is not an issue if you are Google integrated and Library items are stored in Google Drive.
Google Integrated Customers
Library items will be stored on your Google Drive and viewed with the Google File Viewer. News and Discussions files will be stored by Jostle. Preview-friendly formats listed above can be viewed directly in Jostle without having the need to download the file.