Follow

Filter Drawer (filter and sort views)

Overview

Filter Drawer provides advanced sorting and filtering in People, Library, News, and Activity. By enabling you to set and save a wide range of sorting and filtering preferences for each view, Filter Drawer lets you easily target a specific workgroup, locate related News Articles, or find connected Library documents - and then choose how you want the results on each view to be displayed.

Filter Drawer is initially hidden in all views. It can be accessed by clicking the filter icon from the Action Bar, which can be found in the right corner of People, Library, and News and directly above the feed in Activity. 

filterspliced2.png

There are three options available in the action bar of an opened Filter Drawer:

• Save sets your current filter and sorting preferences as your default
  • Reset returns you to the original filter and sorting default settings
  • Hide closes the Filter Drawer

Filterab.PNG

NOTE—When you customize any Filter Drawer settings, the icon will change from an outline to appear "half full". If you reset back to the default settings, the icon will also revert to its default appearance.

Browser Conditions

Filter Drawer works by saving your settings to your browser, so any filters you set up in a specific browser will not be visible in any other browsers. If you use multiple browsers you will have to set up your filters separately in each instance.

For the same reason, filters will disappear if you remove your cookies in the browser or if you are using it in private mode and won’t work if you are using a link to log in on Jostle (for example, clicking an invitation link to a News Article).

Available options by view

PEOPLE

Display 

Cards/Photos

View 

All/Online Now

Filter by

Locations/Org Units/Custom Categories 

Sort by

First name/Last name

filterpeople.PNG

LIBRARY

View 

List/Grid

Sort by

Name/Recommended/Last Modified/Size/Type/Views/Downloads

filter_lib.PNG

NEWS

View

All articles/Unread articles/Featured articles 

Filter by

Articles/Polls/Albums/Job Postings/Custom Categories/Web Articles

Sort by

Most Recent/Most Viewed/Most Liked/Most Commented

filter_news2.PNG

ACTIVITY

Filter by

Items (Updates/Shout-Outs/Bonuses/Birthdays/Anniversaries/Tweets)

Locations (filter by poster's location)

Replies

Show or Hide

FDact.PNG

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request

3 Comments

Pam Shelnut

Our filter drawer in News view has a "custom article" under items.  When I select it as my filter, it returns no results.  To my knowledge, we don't have the option to create a custom article.   It does not appear under our Stories drop down.  

Would someone please share some insight into what "custom article" is used for?  

Thanks, Pam

Brad Palmer

Pam,

A custom article is an article type that an organization can enable and give a unique name. This is done in the gear menu. It appears that in your case custom article is disabled which is why you don't see it in the stories drop down. In the case of the filter drawer there is a bug that is displaying this choice even when it it is disabled. This is being fixed and will be in a future release.

Hope that helps, Bruce

Pam Shelnut

Bruce,

Thanks so much.  I will update the settings and have my team begin to use this feature.  I really appreciate your help! 

Thanks, Pam

Please sign in to leave a comment.