If you are an Events Manager, you can assign and manage Events Creators using Creator Groups as follows:
- Click on Events in the Main Navigation
- Then go to the Action Bar and click the Gear icon on the far right
- Select “Events Admins”
- Go to the column on the left and under Creator Groups click on a group (or create a new one using the Edit link) and then go to the Members heading and click Edit to add people as Creators to that group.
NOTE—As this process uses the List Selector, you can also assign Teams, Locations, and Org Units as Creators.
To create an Event
Managers and Creators can create an Event as follows:
1. Go to the Main Navigation and click Events
2. Once there, click “Add New Event” from the Action Bar
3. On the New Event form, fill in the following details of your event:
4. Next, go to the Options column on the left. Here’s where you can set your Event's invitees, the Event visibility (in the calendar), RSVP settings (including a deadline and guest limit), Commenting (on/off), and the Publish Date for the Event notice.
The default invite setting is for everyone on your intranet. If you’re not creating an org-wide Event, then click the blue Edit button under “Invite Everyone”. Here you can opt to create a Custom List by adding individual invitees or groups filtered by Locations, Teams, Employee Types or Org Units.
Depending on the settings you choose, your Event will appear in people's calendars with one of three possible tags: Everyone's invited, Private (including you), or FYI only. Below explains each one and the settings needed to create them.
Invite: Everyone Visible to: Everyone
Everyone in your organization has been invited to this Event and everyone can see it on their own calendars.
Examples: All-hands meetings, Holiday events
Private (including you)
Invite: Custom List Visible to: Invitees only
Only a select group of people have been invited to this Event, and only they can see it on their calendars.
Examples: Team or Department-based activities, Location-based events
Invite: Custom List Visible to: Everyone
Only a select group of people have been invited to this Event, but everyone in your organization can see it on their calendars. It appears as "FYI only" for those who are not invited to it (useful as way of informing everyone in your org about why a number people may be absent or unavailable on a certain day).
Examples: Leadership events, conventions, off-site activities
5. At the bottom of the Options column, select the type of notifications you want to enable for your Event.
6. After you have filled in all the Event information, go back to the Action Bar and select Publish to post your Event to the main Events view of everyone who is invited (or you can also choose to Preview, Save Draft, or Archive your Event).
NOTE—if you choose to send an email notification to all invitees, you'll have to confirm this option before the Event will be published:
Managing your Events
You can manage lists of your Draft, Scheduled, Future, Past, and Archived Events via Manage in the Action Bar. Right click on any item on these lists and you'll see what actions available to you. This feature can be useful if you need to republish an Event or if you want to use a past Event notice as a template for a new one.